Teething can be a trying time for any parent. To help, weaï¿½ï¿½ve compiled a list of 10 teething remedies to soothe even the fussiest babies. From old-school classics to modern accessories, youaï¿½ï¿½re bound to find something that suit your needs.
- Cold Washcloth: The cold washcloth is perfect for mamas looking to customize their remedies. Engineer a knotted terry or concoct a chamomile tea soak. Whatever you decide, your babe will love this option.
- Cool Spoon: Take your cue from the American Dental Association and serve up a cooled spoon. Chill a spoon in the fridgeaï¿½ï¿½not the freezeraï¿½ï¿½and offer it up to your wee one. Or, better yet, massage your babyaï¿½ï¿½s gums with the rounded surface.
- Plush Teething Toy: Chances are, your little one needs a new friend. How about a plush teething toy? Itaï¿½ï¿½s safe, soothing and organic. And it was designed with your little teether in mind.
- Mesh Feeders: As a healthy and flavorful alternative, mesh feeders have become all the rage. Load up your feederaï¿½ï¿½or even a tied handkerchiefaï¿½ï¿½with frozen fruit and let your baby go wild. Warning: This can get a little messy.
- Baby Orajels Naturals: This homeopathic gel harnesses the soothing power of eugenol, which is known to possess “antiseptic, analgesic, antibacterial and anesthetic properties.” Needless to say, it works wonders.
- Wooden Teethers: If your babe craves pressure, consider this green solution. Wooden teethers are stylish, organic and safe. And, from fancy rings to wooden spoons, babies have enjoyed this option for generations.
- Gum Massage: This standard is a favorite among dentists and mothers alike. All you need is clean hands and a little patience. Though your baby might (initially) protest, who doesnaï¿½ï¿½t love a soothing massage?
- Best Served Cold: When it comes to teething, everything is “best served cold.” From teethers to feeders, babies enjoy the comforting appeal of cool items. Insider Tip: Test different degrees of coldness to see what your baby prefers.
- How much pyridium can you take Teething Bling: Hot mamas, itaï¿½ï¿½s time to invest in some bling. Your baby will love these stylish little teethers and theyaï¿½ï¿½ll dress up any ensemble. That a win-win!
- OTC Pain Reliever: If your little royal is beyond being pleased, consider a dose of infant acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Always consult your physician before giving your baby any over-the-counter or prescription medication.